Take $150 per person off on board the Ocean Adventurer, Ocean Endeavour or Ocean Diamond and contact us for further discounts with this Cruise Company.
11 or 12 days cruise.
This Antarctic Explorer expedition on board of Ocean Adventurer, Ocean Endeavour or Ocean Diamond, offers the perfect chance to discover the best of the Antarctic Peninsula, the last continent’s most northern region. You’ll be delighted by penguins, seals and whales as they accompany you on your journey along the Antarctic coastline. Landing on the continent itself is a memorable highlight, where you’ll explore the iconic sights that make this one of the world’s most pristine, exotic and unforgettable natural environments.
Start & End Dates:
- Nov 12 – November 22, 2019 (11 days)
- Nov 21 – December 1, 2019 (11 days)
- Dec 2 – December 12, 2019 (11 days)
- Dec 8 – December 19, 2019 (12 days)
- Dec 11 – December 21, 2019 (11 days)
- Dec 17 – December 28, 2019 (12 days)
- Dec 29 – January 8, 2020 (11 days)
- Jan 7 – January 17, 2020 (11 days)
- Jan 10 – January 20, 2020 (11 days)
- Jan 28 – February 7, 2020 (11 days)
- Feb 5 – February 15, 2020 (11 days)
- Feb 6 – February 16, 2020 (11 days)
- Feb 7 – February 17, 2020 (11 days)
- Feb 28 – March 9, 2020 (11 days)
- Mar 3 – March 13, 2020 (11 days)
- Mar 7 – March 17, 2020 (11 days)
- Mar 8 – March 18, 2020 (11 days)
- Nov 3 – November 14, 2020 (12 days)
- Nov 4 – November 14, 2020 (11 days)
- Nov 13 – November 23, 2020 (11 days)
- Nov 13 – November 24, 2020(12 days)
- Nov 30 – December 10, 2020 (11 days)
- Dec 9 – December 19, 2020 (11 days)
- Dec 18 – December 28, 2020 (11 days)
- Jan 4 – January 14, 2021 (11 days)
- Jan 28 – February 7, 2021 (11 days)
- Feb 6 – February 16, 2021 (11 days)
- Feb 16 – February 26, 2021 (11 days)
*Please note that the final cabin price is dependent on configuration, the USD exchange rate and availability
|Day 1||Ushuaia, Argentina|
|Day 2||Embarkation Day|
|Day 3||Crossing the Drake|
|Day 4||Crossing the Drake|
|Day 5||South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula|
|Day 6||South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula|
|Day 7||South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula|
|Day 8||South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula|
|Day 9||Crossing the Drake Passage|
|Day 9||Crossing the Drake Passage|
|Day 10||Disembarkation in Ushuaia|
Day 1 — Ushuaia, Argentina
With a population of more than 63,000 people, Ushuaia is the southernmost city in the world. The city has grown over the past few years, yet it has retained an easy going and accessible feel. With the sea to the south and mountains to the north, Ushuaia is a spectacular departure point for your Antarctic cruise. If you arrive early, you can spend some time in the nearby Tierra del Fuego National Park, enjoy some Argentinean wines and barbeques in the city, or visit the many boutique shops and cafés before you leave for your expedition to Antarctica.
Day 2 — Embarkation Day
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel. This historic channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of excitement as you depart—the next time you see land you’ll be in the world’s most southern continent!
Days 3 and 4 — Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for potentially rough water, but hope for a smooth sailing as the Drake is unpredictable and always changing. You’ll spend these first days getting to know your shipmates while your Expedition Team provides safety briefings and insights into what excitement lies ahead.
Days 5 to 8 — South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Once the Antarctic Convergence is left in our wake, you will truly begin your Antarctic adventure. It is perhaps the first sight of land itself that is embraced as the true beginning of any Antarctic expedition. You will begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travellers alike. Every time we visit Antarctica, we witness something new or unexpected, which means that your expedition will be unlike any other—creating a unique, personal experience.
Each day, you will take Zodiac excursions from the ship to explore local bays, channels and landing sites. With wildlife always at the forefront of our minds, you will visit penguin rookeries, scout for humpback and minke whales, and search for a number of southern seal species, including the cunning leopard seal.
The majesty of the Antarctic Peninsula’s mountains will enchant as you scramble up snowy pathways to vantage points offering you 360° views of your surroundings. One of these in particular, in Danco Island, affords us the opportunity to visit a penguin colony high up on a ridge. Here, you’ll have the choice between hiking to the island’s summit or spend time sitting quietly on a pebbled beach, enjoying the antics of curious penguins. If you’re feeling extra adventurous, participating in the Polar Plunge swim is about as crazy as it gets!
Amid the serene silence of Antarctica, noisy interludes become indelible memories, such as penguins squabbling over prized pebbles, or the boom and crack of a calving glacier in Neko Harbour.
Each day will be different, having been carefully crafted by your Expedition Team to entertain and educate you about this wonderful part of the world.
Days 9 and 10 — Crossing the Drake Passage
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air. Spend time on the deck, watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy presentations by your Expedition Team, or simply relax and reminisce about your experiences.
Day 11 — Disembarkation in Ushuaia
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning, which allows for you to continue your adventure on land or catch your flights home.
Important reminder: Embracing the unexpected is part of the legacy – and excitement – of expedition travel. There are no guarantees that we can achieve everything we set out to accomplish. A measure of flexibility is something all of us must bring to a voyage. There are nearly 200 recognized sites in the Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetlands and the places mentioned above may be changed to others equally as interesting.
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on board
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- Photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Expeditions parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- Hair dryer and bathrobe in every cabin
- Comprehensive pre-departure materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard ship
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$100,000 per person Group transfer in Ushuaia from airport to pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia with breakfast
- Group transfer from hotel to ship on embarkation day
- Group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and internet charges
- Voluntary gratuity at the end of the voyage for shipboard staff and crew
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Optional kayaking activities
Travel Just 4U has competitive South America Flights to get you to the starting point of your chosen Holiday. Contact one of our Travel Consultants for a full quotation including airfares, stopovers and any additional travel you wish to organize.