For all lovers of exploration looking for even further enrichment, PONANT and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC have joined forces and combined their expertise to offer amazing expedition cruises with National Geographic experts and photographers onboard.
PONANT invites you on a polar expedition cruise to the heart of the icy realm that is the Antarctic Peninsula and the Weddell Sea. Embark on an unforgettable 11-day voyage and succumb to the enchantment of the breathtaking landscapes inhabited by astonishing wildlife.
The start of your cruise will be marked by the crossing of the mythical Drake Passage, during which you will probably be escorted by several albatrosses and Cape petrels, the sentinels of these often-choppy waters.Your ship will then reach the White Continent, realm of the unexpected. Weather and ice conditions permitting, this extreme environment where nature reigns supreme will reveal to you its most beautiful secrets through numerous discoveries. On this uninhabited land, which wasn’t explored until the 19th century, your encounters with the wildlife will no doubt be one of the highlights of your experience. The Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, seals and seabirds will provide you with cherished lifelong memories.
Highlight of your cruise: sailing on the Weddell Sea. Le Boréal will take advantage of a time of year when it is relatively free of ice to sail amid the free-floating pack ice in a magical setting. A top spot for polar exploration in the Antarctic, the Weddell Sea offers spectacular, unrivalled scenery. If luck is on your side, you may even get to see some emperor penguins. Each day, whether on land, aboard your ship or during a Zodiac® outing, you will be surrounded by a grandiose decor ranging from icebergs to ice floe and ancient glaciers.
|Departure||Return||Duration||Ship||Price Range *|
|Departure: 30 Dec 2021||Return: 10 Jan 2022||Duration: 12 days - 11 nights||Ship(s): Le Boreal||AUD Price Range: $13,680 - $46,180|
|* All prices listed are per person in AUD based on a Twin cabin share. Contact us for Triple or Quad cabin shares for lower pricing.|
Arrival into Buenos Aires
Overnight in Buenos Aires
Fly from Buenos Aires to Ushuaia and embarkation
Crossing the Drake Passage
Crossing the Drake Passage
Disembark at Ushuaia and Fly to Buenos Aires
- A cruise in partnership with National Geographic Expeditions offering enrichment with a National Geographic Photographer and an Expert onboard
- 1-night accommodation in a 4* hotel In Buenos Aires the night before embarkation
- Return flight Buenos Aires/Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT, in economy class
- Dinner in Buenos Aires
- Airport transfer from Buenos Aires to Airport and from Ushuaia Airport to Port/li>
- Lunch at Ushuaia and Services of local guides, in Ushuaia.
- Option to choose to visit Tierra del Fuego National Park with an additional cost
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection
- Expedition programmes include activities such as Zodiac® outings and landings all accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- A PONANT polar water-resistant parka is offered on board for all departures with an expedition programme
- Boot rental will be offered onboard on Expedition cruises.
- International airfares
- Transfer between airport and hotel in Buenos Aires, the day before embarkation
- Tips for the local guide on the mainland
- Personal expenses
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- Ponant activities- kayak discovery
- Mandatory waterproof and windproof over-trousers
- Passport and visa expenses and any Government arrival and departure taxes
- Staff gratuities
- Personal insurance (which is strongly recommended)
- Kayaking Discovery
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.