For all lovers of exploration looking for even further enrichment, PONANT and NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC have joined forces and combined their expertise to offer amazing expedition cruises with National Geographic experts and photographers onboard.
In partnership with National Geographic Expeditions and PONANT, landing on Peter I Island is like landing on the moon! In fact, fewer people have visited this small volcanic island located in the Bellingshausen Sea, 450 km from the Antarctic coastlines, than have set foot on lunar soil. Discovered in February 1821, Peter I Island could only be approached for the first time in 1929, as the ice front made approach and disembarkation difficult. Its summit still remains untouched to this day.
This unusual itinerary will also provide an opportunity to approach Charcot Island, thus named by Captain Charcot in memory of his father during its discovery in 1910.
|Departure||Return||Duration||Ship||Price Range *|
|Departure: 7 Jan 2022||Return: 22 Jan 2022||Duration: 16 days - 15 nights||Ship(s): Le Commandant Charcot||AUD Price Range: $26,040 - $104,830|
|* All prices listed are per person in AUD based on a Twin cabin share. Contact us for Triple or Quad cabin shares for lower pricing.|
Arrival into Santiago
Fly from Santiago to Ushuaia and embark cruise
Crossing the Drake Passage
Antarctic Polar Circle and Detaille Island
The Gullet and Pourquoi Pas Island
Expedition to Charcot Island
Expedition to Peter I Island
Crossing the Drake Passage
Disembark at Ushuaia and fly to Santiago
- A cruise in partnership with National Geographic Expeditions offering enrichment with a National Geographic Photographer and an Expert onboard
- Transfer from airport to PONANT selected hotel in Santiago
- 1-night accommodation in a 5* hotel In Santiago the night before embarkation
- Return flights Santiago/Ushuaia/Santiago selected by PONANT, in economy class
- Dinner in Santiago
- Airport transfer from Santiago to Airport and from Ushuaia pier to airport
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection
- Expedition programmes include activities such as Zodiac® outings and landings all accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- A PONANT polar water-resistant parka is offered on board for all departures with an expedition programme
- Boot rental will be offered onboard on Expedition cruises
- PONANT activities including: kayaking, hot air ballooning, snowmobiles, hovercraft activities and hiking
- International airfares
- Tips for the local guide on the mainland
- Personal expenses
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- Ponant activities- polar diving is an optional extra
- Mandatory waterproof and windproof over-trousers
- Passport and visa expenses and any Government arrival and departure taxes
- Staff gratuities
- Personal insurance (which is strongly recommended)
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.