PONANT brings you a 19-day itinerary between South America and the Antarctic Peninsula. A polar expedition cruise to discover the most beautiful sites of these southern lands.
First, you will chart a course for South Georgia, its impressive glaciers and its black-sand beaches where imposing colonies of king penguins have taken up residence. Your ship will then make its way to the South Orkney Islands. These mountainous islands where impressive glaciers dominate the landscape are a major nesting site for chinstrap penguins and a favourite hunting spot of leopard seals.
You will then sail to the White Continent, realm of the unexpected. Weather and ice conditions permitting, this extreme environment where nature reigns supreme will reveal to you its most beautiful secrets through numerous discoveries.Gentoo, Adelie and chinstrap penguins, humpback whales, seals and seabirds: these are some of the encounters you will most likely have the chance to experience in the Antarctic Peninsula, creating indelible memories.
Each day, whether on land, aboard your ship or during a Zodiac® outing, you will be surrounded by a grandiose decor ranging from icebergs to ice floe and ancient glaciers. After crossing the mythical Drake Passage, you will disembark in Ushuaia, the southernmost city in the world.
|Departure||Return||Duration||Ship||Price Range *|
|Departure: 11 Nov 2021||Return: 30 Nov 2021||Duration: 20 days - 19 nights||Ship(s): Le Lyrial||AUD Price Range: $18,230 - $69,990|
|* All prices listed are per person in AUD based on a Twin cabin share. Contact us for Triple or Quad cabin shares for lower pricing.|
Arrival into Montevideo
South Orkney Islands
Crossing the Drake Passage
Disembark at Ushuaia and fly to Buenos Aires
- 1-night accommodation in a 4* hotel In Montevideo the night before embarkation
- One way flight Ushuaia/Buenos Aires selected by PONANT, in economy class
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection
- Expedition programmes include activities such as Zodiac® outings and landings all accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides.
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia
- A PONANT polar water-resistant parka is offered on board for all departures with an expedition programme
- Boot rental will be offered onboard on Expedition cruises.
- International airfares
- Transfer between airport and pier in Montevideo
- Tips for the local guide on the mainland
- Personal expenses
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- Ponant activities- kayak discovery
- Mandatory waterproof and windproof over-trousers
- Passport and visa expenses and any Government arrival and departure taxes
- Staff gratuities
- Personal insurance (which is strongly recommended)
- Kayaking Discovery
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.