This epic 16 day journey (from 14 to 29 Sept, 2019) takes you through four ancient Silk Road countries – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan. Covering thousands of kilometres, this adventure of a lifetime leaves no stone unturned. Encounter the legacy of the Silk Road on this remarkable trip through the ancient world.
Central Asia is filled with sprawling metropolises, desert cities and mountain passes. It has a history that goes back even further than the time of Alexander the Great. Sixteen days on this stretch of the Silk Road will create memories that will last a lifetime.
Visit a traditional yurt in Kazakhstan. Enjoy a boat ride on a lake In Kyrgyzstan. Take a guided tour through the streets of one of Central Asia’s oldest cities, in Tajikistan. Learn about the ancient art of paper making in Uzbekistan.
The Silk Road is filled with one-of-a-kind sights that have origins spanning thousands of years and thousands of miles. An ancient crossroads of Asia, Africa and Europe—modern-day Central Asia is a unique snapshot of how the ancient world used to be, made even more unique with a journey by private train.
Highlights of Your Journey
- Discover Central Asia aboard a private train featuring 4 compartment classes
- Visit 4 UNESCO World Heritage Sites—Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand, Shahrisabz
- Explore 4 Central Asian countries—Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan
- Marvel at ancient architecture like the Kalta Minor Minaret and the Ulugh Beg Observatory
- Meet local families and watch the traditional baking of bread and many other crafts
Explore the ancient and modern Silk Road via private train on this unique journey through one of Asia’s most historically dynamic regions. Amazing natural beauty, mysterious ancient artefacts and modern metropolises are waiting for you on this legendary trade route.
What Makes Your Journey Unique
- Delight in Central Asia’s natural beauty—including the Karakum and Kyzylkum deserts, the Tian Shan Mountains and Lake Issyk-Kul
- Witness archaeological excavations at the ancient Afrasiab site in Samarkand
- Observe the making of traditional silk, carpets, paper and more with local artisans
- Enjoy local cuisine, wine and vodka aboard your private train
|Day 1||14 Sept – Your First Footsteps on the Silk Road|
|Day 2||15 Sept – The Metropolis of Kazakhstan, Almaty|
|Day 3||16 Sept – Out in the Country: A Day at Lake Issyk-Kul|
|Day 4||17 Sept – Another Day, Another Adventure: The City of Bishkek|
|Day 5||18 Sept – Tashkent, the City of Stones|
|Day 6||19 Sept – An Ancient Crossroads in the Valley|
|Day 7||20 Sept – Travelling Through Time in Shahrisabz|
|Day 8||21 Sept – Samarkand: City of Monuments|
|Day 9||22 Sept – Samarkand: A Day in the Life|
|Day 10||23 Sept – Free Day in Samarkand|
|Day 11||24 Sept – A Most Ancient Adventure: Khujand|
|Day 12||25 Sept – Uzbekistan’s Hidden Gem: Khiva|
|Day 13||26 Sept – Bukhara, City of Millennia|
|Day 14||27 Sept – A City Within a City: The Ark of Bukhara|
|Day 15||28 Sept – Return to Tashkent|
|Day 16||29 Sept – The Detour Home – End of Program|
- 8 nights on your private train according to the category booked
- 7 nights in hotels
- All meals as specified in the itinerary
- All excursions and sightseeing, including admission fees
- Transportation to and from all airports and train stations according to itinerary
- Multilingual Lernidee tour director
- Experienced local guides
- Doctor on board
- Traditional welcome in the train stations of Bukhara and Samarkand
- Wine and vodka tasting
- Visa fees (Please allow a processing time of at least 13 weeks)
- Tips and gratuities
- International flights
- Personal expenses
- Services other than those specified
- Passport and visa required. Please check with your local embassy
- Depending on your country of origin, you may require vaccinations. Please consult your doctor
Travel Just 4U offers competitive flights. Contact one of our Travel Consultants for a full quotation including airfares, stopovers and any additional travel you wish to organise.
Category Options & Pricing
Contact us for additional details and for Single Pricing.
Category Habibi (4 berths)
Category Ali Baba (2 berths)
Category Aladin (2 berths)
Category Kalif (2 berths, ensuite)