From Patagonia, to the Antarctic peninsula, via South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, this all-new itinerary will take you into the heart of the Scotia Arc.
This volcanic archipelago at the junction of the Andes cordillera and the Antarctandes will be revealed to you in all its riches and splendour. All the wildlife of the Far South can be found there: king and gentoo penguins, elephant seals, fur seals mingle on the beautiful dark sand beaches… At sea, orcas, humpback whales and other cetaceans will escort you along your navigation through frozen waters.
This cruise will also be an opportunity to discover four very different ecosystems, from the wooded heights of the Tierra del Fuego and the table top icebergs of the Weddell Sea to the glacier-covered mountains of the South Sandwich Islands and the snow-capped summits of South Georgia.
|Departure||Return||Duration||Ship||Price Range *|
|Departure: 4 Apr 2022||Return: 22 Apr 2022||Duration: 19 days - 18 nights||Ship(s): Le Commandant Charcot||AUD Price Range: SOLD OUT|
|* All prices listed are per person in AUD based on a Twin cabin share. Contact us for Triple or Quad cabin shares for lower pricing.|
Arrival into Santiago
Fly from Santiago to Ushuaia and embark cruise
Crossing the Drake Passage
South Shetland Islands
North Antarctic Peninsula
The Weddell Sea
South Sandwich Islands
South Sandwich Islands
Disembark at Montevideo
- Transfer from airport to PONANT selected hotel in Santiago
- 1-night accommodation in a 5* hotel In Santiago the night before embarkation
- Return flights Santiago/Ushuaia/Santiago selected by PONANT, in economy class
- Dinner in Santiago
- Airport transfer from Santiago to Airport and from Ushuaia pier to airport
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated
- Lectures and information sessions hosted by our naturalist-guides, covering wildlife, history, geopolitics, the great explorers, climate, environmental protection
- Expedition programmes include activities such as Zodiac® outings and landings all accompanied by your expedition team of naturalist guides
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- A PONANT polar water-resistant parka is offered on board for all departures with an expedition programme
- Boot rental will be offered onboard on Expedition cruises
- PONANT activities including: kayaking, hot air ballooning, snowmobiles, hovercraft activities and hiking
- International airfares
- Tips for the local guide on the mainland
- Personal expenses
- Other meals and services not mentioned in the programme.
- Ponant activities- polar diving is an optional extra
- Mandatory waterproof and windproof over-trousers
- Passport and visa expenses and any Government arrival and departure taxes
- Staff gratuities
- Personal insurance (which is strongly recommended)
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.