M/v “Plancius” was built in 1976 as an oceanographic research vessel for the Royal Dutch Navy and was named “Hr. Ms. Tydeman”. The ship sailed for the Dutch Navy until June 2004 and was eventually purchased by Oceanwide Expeditions. The vessel was completely rebuilt as a pssenger vessel in 2009 and complies with the latest SOLAS-regulations (Safety Of Life At Sea). M/v “Plancius” is classed by Lloyd’s Register and flies the Dutch flag.
M/v “Plancius” accommodates 108 passengers with private toilet and shower in 4 quadruple porthole cabins, 2 triple porthole cabins, 9 twin porthole cabins, 25 twin cabins with window and 2 twin deluxe cabins, all (ca. 12,5 square meters) and 10 twin superior cabins (ca. 21 square meters). All cabins offer lower berths (one queen-size bed in the superior cabins and two single beds in the twin cabins), except for the 4 quadruple cabins (for 4 persons in 2x upper and lower beds), and 2 triple cabins (1 bunk bed plus 1 lower bed).
|Departure||Return||Duration||Itinerary||AUD Price Range *|
|Departure: 12 Dec 2021||Return: 22 Dec 2021||Duration: 11 days - 10 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $14,920 - $17,850*|
|Departure: 22 Dec 2021||Return: 3 Jan 2022||Duration: 13 days - 12 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $18,680 - $21,880*|
|Departure: 3 Jan 2022||Return: 15 Jan 2022||Duration: 13 days - 12 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $18,680 - $21,880*|
|Departure: 15 Jan 2022||Return: 3 Feb 2022||Duration: 20 days - 19 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $31,180 - $37,350*|
|Departure: 3 Feb 2022||Return: 13 Feb 2022||Duration: 11 days - 10 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $16,580 - $19,850*|
|Departure: 13 Feb 2022||Return: 24 Feb 2022||Duration: 12 days - 11 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $16,590 - $19,850*|
|Departure: 24 Feb 2022||Return: 8 Mar 2022||Duration: 13 days - 12 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $17,450 - $20,500*|
|Departure: 8 Mar 2022||Return: 20 Mar 2022||Duration: 13 days - 12 nights||Itinerary:||AUD Price Range: $17,450 - $20,500*|
|* All prices listed are per person in AUD based on a Twin cabin share. Contact us for Triple or Quad cabin shares for lower pricing.|
Quadruple Porthole Room
Triple Porthole Room
- Voyage aboard the vessel as indicated
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).
*Note that we will quote flights for you when provided with your desired travel dates. Costs will vary depending on your travel dates.